Mar 4, 2008

Games, Games, Games

Been on a bit of an achievement binge since getting Orange Box last week. Blasted through Portal and Half Life 2, the small but constant stream of achievements seemed to add some sort of addictive quality to the gameplay, begging, teasing you to want more and more. That spurned me on to complete a few achievements in Forza 2, PES 2008 and Burnout Paradise. My gamerscore is kinda low and every time i play everything at the moment I'm looking at those achievements first and planning according. I'm not ashamed of it - i want the achievements! Anyway, HL2 is an incredible game. I never had the chance to really play it the first time round on PC, but it was worth the wait. The way game tells the story, entirely through the gameplay, without any cutscenes is very engrossing and added a sense of intimacy between the player and the game world, as you knew you were only going to witness what you saw first hand throughout the game. I'm never going to get that sound of the crowbar breaking open crates out of my head again. HL2: Episodes 1 & 2 next...

Play.com Live seems to be shaping up nicely. Have now found out that Capcom are going to be at the event, so hopefully that means some Street FIghter 4 and Bionic Commando - fingers crossed. Sierra will be there showing off Ghostbusters, which is apparently playable, so that'll be high on my list. LittleBigPlanet on the PS3 is gonna be at the show also, which hopefully I'll get to have a decent go on as I've been desperate to play it since i first saw it, however long ago. I'm sure there will be many more games there, just not sure which ones. Alot of companies have signed up - EA, THQ, Sega, Microsoft, Capcom et al, they had better bring their games with them.

Got out the Mega Drive the other day, played some Street Fighter 2 followed by some Flashback and Streets of Rage 2 to finish. It was fun for about an hour, not sure when I'll play it again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.play.com/campaign.aspx?campaign=4861&cid=6279223

gives you the latest lineups for games/music at the event.

DM.